Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jessica Wicks: Enemy of the State

_MG_6206

Yes, today was the day I became an enemy of the state. Do not misunderstand. I’m not talking about the Constitutional Democracy we all grew up with called U.S.A. No, I am the enemy of the usurpers, who today in an act passed overwhelmingly in both houses of Congress will turn our back on the Constitution that has been the cornerstone of our system of law for over 200 years. It will give the president and his minions authority to declare someone a terrorist, arrest them and hold them without trial, judge, due process, for as long as they choose to hold them. Indeed some who might be found not guilty might still have to be held because of their nationality. In addition, such arrests can occur on U.S. soil and included as potential terrorists exempt from rule of law INCLUDES AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Now what are the characteristics we usually assign to a constitutional democracy? Dating all the way back to the Magna Carta, a cardinal tenant of any democracy is the right to habeas corpus, that is a right to a speedy trial in a court of law. This most fundamental rule by which a civilized democracy has now been abolished by this act, investing unlimited authority by the President to decide who the exceptions are without any court proceeding. Our 14th Amendment provides for due process. Abolished in this act. Right to an attorney? Forget it. The constitution provides for who can be considered treasonous. Our Congress and our president ignored that to establish their own criteria.

FACT: THIS CONSTITUTES A POWER GRAB, A MOVE TOWARDS AN EMPERIAL PRESIDENT, WHETHER INTENDED OR NOT. THIS ACT IS ILLEGAL, AND I WOULD SUGGEST, TREASONOUS.

Now folks who know me, know I’m not your average extremist type. I am however an American, one who believes that without our Constitution, we are NOT AMERICA. For a man who taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago, Emperor Obama has no excuse he can offer. He threatened to veto the law. It turns out the only reason was that he wanted to have the final say so as to who was a terrorist. Earlier that was left to the Defense Secretary.

Folks, for all our lives, the army did not make arrests inside the country. Today that changed. So much about this act that angers me, I can hardly begin. Our Democracy died today. Like the poem says, not with a bang but a whimper.

Here is how I am choosing to respond. Anyone who supported (or signed off) on this bill will never again get my vote. Increasingly until much more changes, it does not matter anyway. Big money calls the shots. The only candidates I will vote for are those who opposed this bill or are actively opposing this atrocity. I’ve been a life long democrat. But none of the Democrats in my liberal corner of the woods could bring themselves to support the very underpinnings of our democracy. My president who ran on a ticket of protecting our civil liberties has betrayed us. He will not get my vote. Furthermore I will support every effort out there to overthrow these pretenders to the crown. While I may be an enemy of the state, they are the true enemies of the nation I grew up in. These clowns stole our democracy from us. I pray every day for a hell they can rot away in. They deserve no less. I will not participate in any system that can deny its very constitutional underpinnings. I’m non-violent, but I am no longer a friend to this government. Today you have turned your backs on the forefathers and foremothers. The shame is yours for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment